Hierarchical facted search redux - nabble

Hierarchical facted search redux - nabble

Graeme Merrall
From Chris's ApacheCon talk on Solr (nice one BTW) I see that nabble
is apparently using Solr for search?  I noticed that the screenshot of
nabble.com in the presentation and the current site has some form of
hierarchy displayed when you search.

Is this done by Solr? Just lokoing for a clue as to how it migth have been done.

Cheers,
 Graeme

Re: Hierarchical facted search redux - nabble

Chris Hostetter-3
:
: >From Chris's ApacheCon talk on Solr (nice one BTW) I see that nabble
: is apparently using Solr for search?  I noticed that the screenshot of
: nabble.com in the presentation and the current site has some form of
: hierarchy displayed when you search.

Nabble does aparently use Lucene, but i was not trying to suggest that
they use Solr ... that screenshot was in a section where i was explaining
what faceted searching is, and using them as an example of a UI with a
single facet (which happens to be a hierarchy)

Re: Hierarchical facted search redux - nabble

Graeme Merrall
> Nabble does aparently use Lucene, but i was not trying to suggest that
> they use Solr ... that screenshot was in a section where i was explaining
> what faceted searching is, and using them as an example of a UI with a
> single facet (which happens to be a hierarchy)

Gotcha. Thanks Chris.