How can one query the mapreduce results from the dfs files ? - Newbee

How can one query the mapreduce results from the dfs files ? - Newbee

rajarsi
Hi,

I have run the mapreduce job and created an index of Names which is duly stored in the dfs. My question is, if we have to query the index by a certain name, how can I do it ? Is there any sql-like mechanism for doing it ? Would I need to use another apache-developed-application on top of Hadoop for the purpose or would I need to load the data from the dfs into a database and perform queries then [shifting data from one storage to another doesnt make much sense though] ? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks