How many documents have been indexed with one Lucy index?

How many documents have been indexed with one Lucy index?

Bill Taylor-2
I have used the Java version of Lucene to index a few hundred
documents.  I have a sponsor who is interested in indexing libraries
of a million or more documents.  I have been told that Lucene has
been used for an index of about 15 M documents.  How big is the
biggest index that has been created with Lucy?

Thank you.

Bill Taylor

Re: How many documents have been indexed with one Lucy index?

Marvin Humphrey

On Jan 27, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Bill Taylor wrote:

> I have used the Java version of Lucene to index a few hundred
> documents.  I have a sponsor who is interested in indexing
> libraries of a million or more documents.  I have been told that
> Lucene has been used for an index of about 15 M documents.  How big
> is the biggest index that has been created with Lucy?

Hello, Bill, thanks for your interest.  Lucy is still in the early
stages of development, so no one has indexed any documents with it at
all. :)

Best,

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/

On Jan 27, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Bill Taylor wrote:
>
>> I have used the Java version of Lucene to index a few hundred
>> documents.  I have a sponsor who is interested in indexing
>> libraries of a million or more documents.  I have been told that
>> Lucene has been used for an index of about 15 M documents.  How
>> big is the biggest index that has been created with Lucy?
>
> Hello, Bill, thanks for your interest.  Lucy is still in the early
> stages of development, so no one has indexed any documents with it
> at all. :)

I realize that making predictions is difficult, especially if we
insist on talking about the future, but do you have any idea when
Lucy might see the light of day in terms of being used by non-
developers?

On Jan 27, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Bill Taylor wrote:

> I realize that making predictions is difficult, especially if we
> insist on talking about the future, but do you have any idea when
> Lucy might see the light of day in terms of being used by non-
> developers?

No sooner than several months out.

Best,

Marvin Humphrey