How to Index Word, Excel, PDF files?

Leandro Cruz
Hi all. I'm new to solr and I regret I didn't use this tool before.
I'd like to know if solr can index Word, Excel and PDF files or I must
create a xml representation of those files matching my schema?

Cheers.

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
software developer - certified scrum master
:: guara-framework.sf.net
:: xingu.sf.net

Re: How to Index Word, Excel, PDF files?

Bertrand Delacretaz
On 1/29/07, Leandro Saad <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I'd like to know if solr can index Word, Excel and PDF files or I must
> create a xml representation of those files matching my schema?...

Currently you must create the XML yourself outside of Solr.

This might change, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-104
and the recent related "update plugins" discussions.

-Bertrand