How to add two fields (mobile,year) in SolrCloud Collection

How to add two fields (mobile,year) in SolrCloud Collection

kbmanikanta90
Hello Everyone,

     I need small help, we have trying to migrate Solr Standalone to Solr
Cloud. During this journey,we have done R and D a lot but we have unable to
find any article related to our problem.
Can anyone please help out this problem

We have run zookeeper separately in local and started solr instance (8983)
with -z (zookeeper) localhost:2181.
*[solr start -cloud -p 8983 -z 172.22.9.16:2181]*

once solrcloud instance started. we have created core with shards (2) and
custom configSet("_test") (schema.xml), Fields : id,name

We have used dataImportHandler (DIH) post.jar to push data to respective
core.

Here we have facing problem. i.e we need to add two more fields(mobile,year)
in that core schema.
But we could find where that schema.xml exists. we went to _test configSet
and added those two fields and restarted the zookeeper and solrCloud
Instance.
Still it's not reflected to solrCloud Collection(While we check in Files
Folder -> Schema.xml on Solr Admin UI Portal).

Please, can anyone help me how to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Bala Manikanta K.

Re: How to add two fields (mobile,year) in SolrCloud Collection

Yogendra Kumar Soni
You need to change local copy of schema.xml and upload that schema.xml  to
zookeeper using upconfig command.
you need to specify -n <config name> ( should be same as collection name ).
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/solr-control-script-reference.html#SolrControlScriptReference-UploadaConfigurationSet

after uploading config files you will need to reload collection.
admin/collections?action=RELOAD&name=<collection name>

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:30 PM kbmanikanta90 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
>      I need small help, we have trying to migrate Solr Standalone to Solr
> Cloud. During this journey,we have done R and D a lot but we have unable to
> find any article related to our problem.
> Can anyone please help out this problem
>
> We have run zookeeper separately in local and started solr instance (8983)
> with -z (zookeeper) localhost:2181.
> *[solr start -cloud -p 8983 -z 172.22.9.16:2181]*
>
> once solrcloud instance started. we have created core with shards (2) and
> custom configSet("_test") (schema.xml), Fields : id,name
>
> We have used dataImportHandler (DIH) post.jar to push data to respective
> core.
>
> Here we have facing problem. i.e we need to add two more
> fields(mobile,year)
> in that core schema.
> But we could find where that schema.xml exists. we went to _test configSet
> and added those two fields and restarted the zookeeper and solrCloud
> Instance.
> Still it's not reflected to solrCloud Collection(While we check in Files
> Folder -> Schema.xml on Solr Admin UI Portal).
>
> Please, can anyone help me how to resolve this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Bala Manikanta K.

*Thanks and Regards,*
*Yogendra Kumar Soni*