How to configure default replication type?

How to configure default replication type?

Roger Lehmann
Hello,

I'm using SolrCloud version 7.7.1 and want to try using *only* the TLOG
replication type (excepting the leader of course).
Where can I configure that as default? Ideally cluster-wide. Can I use the
*set-cluster-policy* or *set-trigger *(for my nodeAdded trigger) API calls
to define that? Or some configuration file?

I haven't found an example or similar configuration hints other than when
issuing ADDREPLICA directly in the docs.
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Roger

Re: How to configure default replication type?

Tulsi
Hi Roger,
Have you tried shards.preference parameter? You can specify the replica.type
as TLOG or PULL(default is NRT) in solrconfig.xml using this parameter.

Example:
shards.preference=replica.TLOG

Note: earlier this parameter was preferLocalShards which has been
deprecated.

Re: How to configure default replication type?

Roger Lehmann
Hi Tulsi,

this sounds more like which replication types are preferably chosen for
distributed queries with multiple shards per collection.
What I'd like to achieve is creating TLOG replicas as default in the first
place.
But to be honest, I haven't tried it out since I'm now using a complete
different setup where replication isn't necessary.

Thank you,
Roger

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 20:56, Tulsi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
> Have you tried shards.preference parameter? You can specify the
> replica.type
> as TLOG or PULL(default is NRT) in solrconfig.xml using this parameter.
>
> Example:
> shards.preference=replica.TLOG
>

> Note: earlier this parameter was preferLocalShards which has been
> deprecated.

Roger Lehmann
Linux-System-Engineer

T: 0351-418 894 –76

*[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>**https://www.xing.com/profile/Roger_Lehmann8
<https://www.xing.com/profile/Roger_Lehmann8>*

Offerista Group GmbH | Schützenplatz 14 | D - 01067 Dresden
Geschäftsführung: Tobias Bräuer, Benjamin Thym
Sitz Dresden | Amtsgericht Dresden | HRB 28678