How to get the a term weight (tf*idf)?

dillongeo
Hi all,
Given a term (e.g. "apple") and a document in index, how can I get the term weight in this document? Is this weight equal to the tf*idf value of this term? If no, how can I get the tf*idf value? (In fact this value is what I am interested in looking for).

Thanks!

Re: How to get the a term weight (tf*idf)?

Grant Ingersoll-2
Your best bet is probably the explain() method.

On Mar 27, 2008, at 12:16 AM, dillongeo wrote:

> Hi all,
> Given a term (e.g. "apple") and a document in index, how can I get
> the term
> weight in this document? Is this weight equal to the tf*idf value of
> this
> term?
>
> Thanks!

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: