How to reconstruct field value from index ?

How to reconstruct field value from index ?

wuqi-2
Hi,

I want to reconstruct the field value from index, just the same as the function "Reconstruct and Edit" in  the tool "Luke" . Just any hints is OK. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
-qi

Re: How to reconstruct field value from index ?

Erick Erickson
This has been discussed many times on the list. If you go to the searchable
version of the mailing list, you'll find a wealth of information on this
topic much
more quickly..

Best
Erick

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:03 AM, wuqi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to reconstruct the field value from index, just the same as the
> function "Reconstruct and Edit" in  the tool "Luke" . Just any hints is OK.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks
> -qi

Re: How to reconstruct field value from index ?

Karl Wettin
wuqi skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I want to reconstruct the field value from index, just the same as the function "Reconstruct and Edit" in  the tool "Luke" . Just any hints is OK. Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks
> -qi

    karl

Re: How to reconstruct field value from index ?

wuqi-2
Thank you Karl.
I am just interested in how does Luke reconstruct with field that is unsorted and has no TermVector. Seems Luke have to  iterate all the terms in the index,and check whether certain term is contained in the document.

>> I want to reconstruct the field value from index, just the same as the function "Reconstruct and Edit" in  the tool "Luke" . Just any hints is OK. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -qi
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1016
>

>    karl

Re: How to reconstruct field value from index ?

Andrzej Białecki-2
wuqi wrote:
> Thank you Karl. I am just interested in how does Luke reconstruct
> with field that is unsorted and has no TermVector. Seems Luke have to
> iterate all the terms in the index,and check whether certain term is
> contained in the document.

Correct, that's exactly how this function works in Luke.

For each term it checks whether the term belongs to the document,
retrieves all positions of this term and puts the term at correct
positions in an array, which represents all terms of the document.
Finally elements of this array are concatenated using spaces.

That's all there is to it :)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><