Quantcast

How to use Wordnet in solr?

Pablo
Hey,

I'm planning to use Wordnet and I want to know how.

There's a class called *WordnetSynonymParser *, does anybody use it? It
says it is experimental...

I'm using solr 5.2.1

Briefly speaking about my needs:
I have different collections in different languages (fr, pr, sp, en).
When the user search for example in the english collection the word
"furnitures" I want to look for "table", "chair", "furniture"(without the
plural) and all the synonyms of "furnitures". Wordnet already provides me
all this and in different languages, that's why it would be great to have
solr using it.

Regards,
Pablo.

Re: How to use Wordnet in solr?

Alexandre Rafalovitch
 I am not sure WordnetSynonymParser is accessible from Solr. At least
I never heard anybody mention it.

I am also aware of https://github.com/nicholasding/solr-lemmatizer but
that's lematizer, not a synonym builder. But perhaps there are some
lessons/code in there that could be useful.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 21 April 2017 at 10:08, Pablo Anzorena <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm planning to use Wordnet and I want to know how.
>
> There's a class called *WordnetSynonymParser *, does anybody use it? It
> says it is experimental...
>
> I'm using solr 5.2.1
>
> Briefly speaking about my needs:
> I have different collections in different languages (fr, pr, sp, en).
> When the user search for example in the english collection the word
> "furnitures" I want to look for "table", "chair", "furniture"(without the
> plural) and all the synonyms of "furnitures". Wordnet already provides me
> all this and in different languages, that's why it would be great to have
> solr using it.
>
> Regards,
> Pablo.

Re: How to use Wordnet in solr?

sarowe
From <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Filter+Descriptions#FilterDescriptions-SynonymGraphFilter> (also applies to SynonymFilter):

-----
format: (optional; default: solr) Controls how the synonyms will be parsed. The short names solr (for SolrSynonymParser) and wordnet (for WordnetSynonymParser ) are supported, or you may alternatively supply the name of your own  SynonymMap.Builder  subclass.
-----

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 21, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am not sure WordnetSynonymParser is accessible from Solr. At least
> I never heard anybody mention it.
>
> I am also aware of https://github.com/nicholasding/solr-lemmatizer but
> that's lematizer, not a synonym builder. But perhaps there are some
> lessons/code in there that could be useful.
>
> Regards,
>   Alex.
> ----
> http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced
>

> On 21 April 2017 at 10:08, Pablo Anzorena <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I'm planning to use Wordnet and I want to know how.
>>
>> There's a class called *WordnetSynonymParser *, does anybody use it? It
>> says it is experimental...
>>
>> I'm using solr 5.2.1
>>
>> Briefly speaking about my needs:
>> I have different collections in different languages (fr, pr, sp, en).
>> When the user search for example in the english collection the word
>> "furnitures" I want to look for "table", "chair", "furniture"(without the
>> plural) and all the synonyms of "furnitures". Wordnet already provides me
>> all this and in different languages, that's why it would be great to have
>> solr using it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pablo.

Re: How to use Wordnet in solr?

alessandro.benedetti
Hi Pablo,
with wordnet format , Solr will just parse synonyms from a different file format [1] .
The rest will work exactly the same.
You will use a managed resource to load the file and then potentially update it.
If you were thinking to use directly the online resource, you may need to customize it a bit.

Cheers

[1] http://wordnet.princeton.edu/man/prologdb.5WN.html
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: How to use Wordnet in solr?

Pablo
Thanks to everybody.

I will try first Alessandro and Steve recommendation.

If i don't misunderstood, you are telling me that I have to customize the
prolog files to "solr txt synonyms syntax"? If that is correct, what is the
point of format:wordnet ?