How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Sandhya Kishore
Hi,

    I am trying to develop a webapplication that submit jobs to HADOOP map/reduce. I have added hadoop.jar and all the dependencies to tomcat lib and deployed my webapp in tomat. But it is saying that it is not able to find the servlet calss.CAn anybody help me..Thanks alot

---yoda

---------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Ted Dunning-3

I would say that it is generally better practice to deploy hadoop.jar in the
lib directory of the war file that you are deploying so that you can change
versions of hadoop more easily.

Your problem is that you have dropped the tomcat support classes from your
CLASSPATH in the process of getting hadoop involved.

that works.  Then build up gently back to where you have access to the
hadoop jar.

On 1/20/08 8:16 PM, "Sandhya Kishore" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to develop a webapplication that submit jobs to HADOOP
> map/reduce. I have added hadoop.jar and all the dependencies to tomcat lib and
> deployed my webapp in tomat. But it is saying that it is not able to find the
> servlet calss.CAn anybody help me..Thanks alot
>
> ---yoda
>

> ---------------------------------
> Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Alejandro Abdelnur-2
we do it by including the Hadoop and its depent JARs in the webapp lib
directory. It just works, you should exclude jetty and servlet jars
files.

On Jan 21, 2008 12:39 PM, Ted Dunning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would say that it is generally better practice to deploy hadoop.jar in the
> lib directory of the war file that you are deploying so that you can change
> versions of hadoop more easily.
>
> Your problem is that you have dropped the tomcat support classes from your
> CLASSPATH in the process of getting hadoop involved.

> that works.  Then build up gently back to where you have access to the
> hadoop jar.
>

> On 1/20/08 8:16 PM, "Sandhya Kishore" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I am trying to develop a webapplication that submit jobs to HADOOP
> > map/reduce. I have added hadoop.jar and all the dependencies to tomcat lib and
> > deployed my webapp in tomat. But it is saying that it is not able to find the
> > servlet calss.CAn anybody help me..Thanks alot
> >
> > ---yoda
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

RogerDimitri
Hi Alejandro,
   Even I am trying to port Hadoop to Tomcat. I have a few questions based on your reply.
1. How did you clear Jetty dependancy when you ported Hadoop to tomcat?
2. Did you write your custom servlets for all the Task tracking related stuff?!!

Thanks,
Roger
Alejandro Abdelnur-2 wrote

On Jan 21, 2008 12:39 PM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@veoh.com> wrote:

> I would say that it is generally better practice to deploy hadoop.jar in the
> lib directory of the war file that you are deploying so that you can change
> versions of hadoop more easily.
>
> Your problem is that you have dropped the tomcat support classes from your
> CLASSPATH in the process of getting hadoop involved.

> that works.  Then build up gently back to where you have access to the
> hadoop jar.
>

> On 1/20/08 8:16 PM, "Sandhya Kishore" <turagasandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I am trying to develop a webapplication that submit jobs to HADOOP
> > map/reduce. I have added hadoop.jar and all the dependencies to tomcat lib and
> > deployed my webapp in tomat. But it is saying that it is not able to find the
> > servlet calss.CAn anybody help me..Thanks alot
> >
> > ---yoda
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Sandhya Kishore
Hi Alejandro,
   when you say include Haddop and its dependent JARS are you referring to hadoop-core.jar and its dependant jars? your quick reply will be very halpful.

----Yoda

Alejandro Abdelnur-2 wrote
we do it by including the Hadoop and its depent JARs in the webapp lib
directory. It just works, you should exclude jetty and servlet jars
files.

On Jan 21, 2008 12:39 PM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@veoh.com> wrote:

> I would say that it is generally better practice to deploy hadoop.jar in the
> lib directory of the war file that you are deploying so that you can change
> versions of hadoop more easily.
>
> Your problem is that you have dropped the tomcat support classes from your
> CLASSPATH in the process of getting hadoop involved.

> that works.  Then build up gently back to where you have access to the
> hadoop jar.
>

> On 1/20/08 8:16 PM, "Sandhya Kishore" <turagasandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I am trying to develop a webapplication that submit jobs to HADOOP
> > map/reduce. I have added hadoop.jar and all the dependencies to tomcat lib and
> > deployed my webapp in tomat. But it is saying that it is not able to find the
> > servlet calss.CAn anybody help me..Thanks alot
> >
> > ---yoda
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Sandhya Kishore
Hi , I have put hadoop-core.jar and all dependent JARS in webapp lib and also all XMLBEAN jars in webapp lib since my mapreducer program is using these XMLBEAN jar files to process xml document. But when I submit a job via servlet it is saying "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlException" . But I have placed all the JARS that are related to above exception to web app lib. Can anybody give me ideas on this once?

--Yoda

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Shihua Ma

sandybandy wrote
Hi , I have put hadoop-core.jar and all dependent JARS in webapp lib and also all XMLBEAN jars in webapp lib since my mapreducer program is using these XMLBEAN jar files to process xml document. But when I submit a job via servlet it is saying "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlException" . But I have placed all the JARS that are related to above exception to web app lib. Can anybody give me ideas on this once?

--Yoda
You need to attach you XMLBEAN jars by  DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(Path, Configuration)., I think you need to read this page.Good luck.

-- Shihua Ma