Hudson Master's Clover parsing broken?

Uwe Schindler
Hi,

Sometimes (not always), but for our Clover-2.6.3-enabled Apache Solr builds
at least always, the final parsing of clover.xml seems to be broken on
Hudson Master:

[TASKS] Scanning workspace files for tasks...
Publishing Javadoc
Archiving artifacts
Recording test results
Publishing Clover coverage report...
Publishing Clover HTML report...
Publishing Clover XML report...
Publishing Clover coverage results...
FATAL: Unable to copy coverage from
/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Solr-trunk/checkout/solr/build/tests/clo
ver/reports to
/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/Solr-trunk/builds/2010-10-13_16-12-10
hudson.util.IOException2: Cannot parse coverage results
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:8
9)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:5
1)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.processCloverXml(CloverPublisher.java:
202)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.perform(CloverPublisher.java:163)
        at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$3.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:36)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:601)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild
.java:580)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild
.java:558)
        at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.post2(Build.java:157)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:528)
        at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1303)
        at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
        at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:140)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start
and end within the same entity.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractS
AXParser.java:1231)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SA
XParserImpl.java:522)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1666)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:8
7)
        ... 13 more
ERROR: Publisher hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher aborted due to
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverBuildAction.<init>(CloverBuildAction.java:133)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverBuildAction.load(CloverBuildAction.java:265)
        at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.processCloverXml(CloverPublisher.java:
208)
[...]
Sending e-mails to: [hidden email]
Finished: FAILURE

Previously the Clover runs work perfectly. The downloaded clover.xml from
the workspace also looks fine and has definitely no XML parse errors. Maybe
a network problem? I checked/rebooted everything, the only broken part seems
the master...

What to do? Reboot? Upgrade? Thanks for looking after this!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: [hidden email]

RE: Hudson Master's Clover parsing broken?

Uwe Schindler-2
I opened: http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7836

-----
Uwe Schindler