Quantcast

Implementing Analyzer with Pling Stemmer

Implementing Analyzer with Pling Stemmer

Xaida
Hi guys!

for the purpose of my project professor has advised me I should use the PlingStemmer to index the terms obtained from Lucene.
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/javatools/doc/javatools/parsers/PlingStemmer.html

I see it is new approach and for sure I understand benefits of incorporating it into my project, but building an Analyzer was bit far out of my view of the project, (but what can we do now:)). So I am having problems wrapping my head around how to incorporate the PlingStemmer to build a custom analyzer :/
If someone can help me with advices, links, or someone already had experience with PlingStemmer, I would be very grateful, all help is very very welcome!!!!!

Thanx!

RE: Implementing Analyzer with Pling Stemmer

Uwe Schindler
Just look at the source code of PorterStemFilter.java and its corresponding
Analyzer in Lucene Java. Simply copy the code and replace the calls to stem
a String by the ones from this class. Depending on if your code
takes/returns String or char[], you have to modify the code a little bit
according to TermAttribute's Javadocs.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen