Improving Mahout (in a summer of code - but without Google)

Improving Mahout (in a summer of code - but without Google)

Stephan Seufert
Hello folks,

I am hereby providing me and a lot of code (to be written) to the
Mahout project. I would love to put in some work to this great. At the
time of this writing I am a final year cs student interested
(serendipity!) mainly in machine learning. So if any of you top
committers or old-hands will get in contact with me to start
something, I'd be really happy. And no, I'm not looking for SoC
funding (no offense whatsoever).

Kind regards,
steps

Re: Improving Mahout (in a summer of code - but without Google)

Grant Ingersoll-2
Hi Steps,

What did you have in mind?  You don't have to wait until summer to
contribute, but you obviously can.  See the How to Contribute section
on the wiki.  Basically, code up your algorithms and submit them as
patches to JIRA.  We pretty much work on an ad hoc basis here, so feel
free to propose an idea and discuss and implement.

Cheers,
Grant