Quantcast

Inconsistent Counts in Cloud at Solr SQL Queries

Inconsistent Counts in Cloud at Solr SQL Queries

kamaci
Hi,

As you know that json facet api returns inconsistent counts in cloud set up
(SOLR-7452). I would like to learn that is the situation same for Solr SQL
queries too?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Inconsistent Counts in Cloud at Solr SQL Queries

Joel Bernstein
SQL has two aggregation modes: facet and map_reduce. Facet uses the json
facet API directly so SOLR-7452 would apply if it hasn't been resolved yet.
map_reduce always gives accurate results regardless of the cardinality but
is slower. To increase performance using map_reduce you need to increase
the size of the cluster (workers, shards, replicas).

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you know that json facet api returns inconsistent counts in cloud set up
> (SOLR-7452). I would like to learn that is the situation same for Solr SQL
> queries too?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Furkan KAMACI

Re: Inconsistent Counts in Cloud at Solr SQL Queries

kamaci
Thanks for the answer! Does facet uses Solr Json requests or new facet API
(which is faster than the old one)?