Increasing solr nodes

neerajbhatt
Hi

We have a solr cluster of 3 machines , A collection has three shards and 2
replicas so total of 9. Right now each machine has one shard leader and 2
replicas
Because of index size we need to increase the cluster to 9 ,What is the best
possible way to move a shard leader or replica to a new node

Re: Increasing solr nodes

Hendrik Haddorp
You can use the MOVEREPLICA command:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/collections-api.html
Alternately you can also add another replica and then remove one of your
old replicas.
When you a replica you can either specify the node it shall be placed on
or let Solr pick a node for you.