Index Upgrader Documention - Problem under Microsoft Windows

Index Upgrader Documention - Problem under Microsoft Windows

Herbert Hackelsberger
Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you, when I stumbled across the ref guide at https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/indexupgrader-tool.html
I had problems to run the command on my Windows System

Instead of
java -cp lucene-core-7.7.0.jar:lucene-backward-codecs-7.7.0.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader [-delete-prior-commits] [-verbose] /path/to/index

I had to write
java -cp lucene-core-7.7.0.jar;lucene-backward-codecs-7.7.0.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader [-delete-prior-commits] [-verbose] /path/to/index

(instead of : use a ; to separate classpath entries)

I found this information after research on the official documentation:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/windows/classpath.html#BEHJBHCD

I don't know if that's specifically to Windows systems, but others might be happy, if an information regarding difference to MS Windows would be posted in the ref guide.