Index will get change or refresh after restart the solr server?Plz help me out.Its urgent

Index will get change or refresh after restart the solr server?Plz help me out.Its urgent

nithyavembu
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

   I have some doubts in solr server indexing data.
   I am using Tomcat 5 for solr configuration.

   There is a "data" folder which contains indexing data.
   First I am adding and updating some data and it indexed then searching for a text and getting the result too.
   Then shutdown the solr tomcat server.

   When i again start what will happen in the "data" folder? Any data refreshing,adding,deleting etc..
   Every restart of the solr server what will happens to indexing data or it remain unchanged without any action?

   I am asking this question because, morning i am indexing some data and it indexed and searching..
   evening indexing some data with the same name of the existing one and it indexed and searching.
   For Example:
   morning  data :

                primaryAdmin
                secondaryAdmin

        Evening data :

                primaryAdmin

        These are the data i indexed. But when i searching for "primaryAdmin" it returning only the data which indexed at that time..
        So i am doubtful whether every restart of the server some changes will occur in data folder which contains indexing data?

        Likewise most of the situation, i am searching for data which returns the correct result.After 10 or 30 minutes if i search the same data its not returning the result.
        Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
nithya.

Re: Index will get change or refresh after restart the solr server?

hossman

:    When i again start what will happen in the "data" folder? Any data
: refreshing,adding,deleting etc..
:    Every restart of the solr server what will happens to indexing data or it
: remain unchanged without any action?

if you start up Solr, and there is allready a "data" directory containing
an "index" directory then Solr will use that index.  If there is no index
directory, then Solr will create it (it will not create the "data"
directory -- if that's missing you get an error)

:    morning  data :
:
: primaryAdmin
: secondaryAdmin
:
: Evening data :
:
: primaryAdmin
:
: These are the data i indexed. But when i searching for "primaryAdmin" it
: returning only the data which indexed at that time..

i do not understand your question.  there could be lots of things going on
here, but it's not at all clear that anything is actually going wrong.
did the document you indexed in the evening have hte same value for the
uniqueKey field as the document you indexed in the morning?

Your best bet for getting meaningful help with your problem is to be very
explicit about exactly what it is you are doing and what results you are
getting ... show us your schema.xml, show us the full XML of every doc
you index, list every action you take (including when you stop/start your
tomcat port), etc...

-Hoss