Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Laxmilal Menariya
Hello everyone,

I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less than 2
minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using Lucene2.2. It
took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using Lucene2.2. The
indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.

What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know asap...

--
Thanks in advance,
Laxmilal menaria

http://www.chambal.net/

Re: Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Grant Ingersoll-2
Your "to" field on the email makes me wonder if you are using .NET or
Java...

On Sep 7, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Laxmilal Menaria wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less
> than 2
> minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using
> Lucene2.2. It
> took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using
> Lucene2.2. The
> indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.
>
> What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know
> asap...
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Laxmilal menaria
>
> http://www.chambal.net/

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

chrislusf
Is it repeatable? Maybe the database is slower during that time.

Myself didn't any major slowness when upgrading to Lucene 2.2.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

On 9/7/07, Laxmilal Menaria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less than 2
> minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using Lucene2.2.
> It
> took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using Lucene2.2.
> The
> indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.
>
> What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know asap...
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Laxmilal menaria
>
> http://www.chambal.net/

Re: Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Laxmilal Menariya
Have tested both Java Lucene 2.0 and Lucene.Net 2.0, but now
Lucene.Net 2.1in development.

On 9/7/07, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Your "to" field on the email makes me wonder if you are using .NET or
> Java...
>
> On Sep 7, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Laxmilal Menaria wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less
> > than 2
> > minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using
> > Lucene2.2. It
> > took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using
> > Lucene2.2. The
> > indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.
> >
> > What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know
> > asap...
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Laxmilal menaria
> >
> > http://www.chambal.net/
>
> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
>
> Lucene Helpful Hints:

Laxmilal menaria

http://www.chambal.net/

Re: Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Laxmilal Menariya
I have just commented the Index writer method and check the performance, it
shows me appx 10 sec. to process all rows. and againg uncommented that its
show 4 minutes.

On 9/7/07, Chris Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it repeatable? Maybe the database is slower during that time.
>
> Myself didn't any major slowness when upgrading to Lucene 2.2.
>
> --
> Chris Lu
> -------------------------
> site: http://www.dbsight.net
> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
>
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
>
> On 9/7/07, Laxmilal Menaria <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less than
> 2
> > minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using Lucene2.2.
> > It
> > took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using Lucene2.2.
> > The
> > indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.
> >
> > What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know
> asap...
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Laxmilal menaria