Intervals vs Span guidance

Ramsey Haddad (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
We are building our needed customizations/extensions on Solr/Lucene 7.7 or 8.0 or later. We are unclear on whether/when to use Intervals vs Span.

We know that Intervals is still maturing (new functionality in 8.0 and probably on-going for a while?)

But what is the overall intention/guidance? "If you need X, then use Spans." "If you need Y, then use Intervals." "After the year 20xy, we expect everyone to be using Intervals." ??

Any opinions valued.

Thanks,
Ramsey.

Re: Intervals vs Span guidance

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
While solr-user is not a bad place to ask this question, I suspect you'll
get more answers in [hidden email] since there is a lot going
on at the Lucene level right now.