Quantcast

Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Alan Woodward
Hello,

All Javadoc links on http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins lead to 404 errors at the moment.  Should I open a JIRA for wiki errors?

Thanks,
Alan Woodward

Re: Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Erick Erickson
Hmmm, I found it hit or miss. This one gives me a 404:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/docs/api/org/apache/solr/request/SolrRequestHandler.html

But if I take the "docs" bit out it hits.

Others seem to not have the "docs" part of the path.

FWIW

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Alan Woodward
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All Javadoc links on http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins lead to 404
> errors at the moment.  Should I open a JIRA for wiki errors?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan Woodward

Re: Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Robert Muir
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All Javadoc links on http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins lead to 404
> errors at the moment.  Should I open a JIRA for wiki errors?

If you know where the link should point to, please feel free to just
correct the page without any hesitation!

If you find a broken link, and are unsure, then i think a JIRA issue
is a good idea. Someone else might know and can fix it, at least its
been identified.

Thanks for looking into this!

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Alan Woodward
OK, I've fixed the links on that page (following Erick's pointers); they should all work now.

One bit that concerns me:  the solr links look like this:

while the lucene links look like this:

Notice the 3_6_0 in there.  Is there an equivalent 'unversioned' lucene link anywhere?  As of now, the lucene links will all go out of date with the next release, while the Solr ones should keep up.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

All Javadoc links on http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins lead to 404
errors at the moment.  Should I open a JIRA for wiki errors?

If you know where the link should point to, please feel free to just
correct the page without any hesitation!

If you find a broken link, and are unsure, then i think a JIRA issue
is a good idea. Someone else might know and can fix it, at least its
been identified.

Thanks for looking into this!

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Robert Muir
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Alan Woodward
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I've fixed the links on that page (following Erick's pointers); they
> should all work now.
>
> One bit that concerns me:  the solr links look like this:
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/request/QueryResponseWriter.html
>
> while the lucene links look like this:
> http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html
>
> Notice the 3_6_0 in there.  Is there an equivalent 'unversioned' lucene link
> anywhere?  As of now, the lucene links will all go out of date with the next
> release, while the Solr ones should keep up.

Thats a good point: sounds like a real problem.

I think its possible Solr might eventually have versioned docs here in
the future too (e.g. 4.0 and 3.6).

One easy idea is that we add a redirect into the CMS for "most current
release's documentation".
When putting out a new release we would just update this redirect
(just like we have to update other
redirects like the one for most current downloads).

--
lucidimagination.com

RE: Javadoc links on wiki are broken

Uwe Schindler