Kneobase: open source, enterprise search

Kneobase: open source, enterprise search

mariano.barcia

Hi list,

I’m glad to announce Colaborativa.net has released Kneobase, an open source "enterprise search" product, based on Lucene.

Kneobase can accept many data sources as searchable elements, and can provide search results in multiple formats, including SOAP, which might make it a good search engine for use in a service-oriented environment, because it doesn't need search indexes published to a web server.

See this article in TSS for more information,

Cheers!

--mariano

Lideramos la innovación

Mariano Barcia
Founder, CEO

COLABORATIVA.NET
Córdoba 1147 Piso 6 Oficinas 3 y 4
(S2000AWO) Rosario, SF,
Argentina

[hidden email]
IM: [hidden email]
Skype: mbarcia
http://www.colaborativa.net
http://www.kneobase.com

tel:
mobile:

+54 (341) 528 9987
+54 9 (341) 587 6695

Re: Kneobase: open source, enterprise search

Lukáš Vlček
I was quickly looking at its web page eariler this day and it looks good so
far! Good news!

However, I have one question: does Kneobase contain any kind of web crawler
functionality (like Nutch) or do I have to feed it with all sources
*manually*? How much can be gathering of web data automated?

May be this questions should go to Kneobase maillist or directly to TSS site
but they require registration... and I am too lazy about giving out
information about budget and my position details now :-)

Regards,
Lukas