LTR features on solr

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LTR features on solr

Midas A
Hi  All,

I am new in implementing solr LTR .  so facing few challenges
Broadly  we have 3 kind of features
a) Based on query
b) based on document
*c) Based on query-document from click ,cart and order  from tracker data.*

So my question here is how to store c) type of features
       - Old queries and corresponding clicks ((query-clicks)
        - Old query -cart addition  and
      - Old query -order data
 into solr to run LTR model
and secoundly how to build features for query-clicks, query-cart and
query-orders because we need to refresh  this data frequently.

What approch should i follow .

Hope i am able to explain my problem.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LTR features on solr

Kamuela Lau
Hi,

Just to confirm, are you asking about the following?

For a particular query, you have a list of documents, and for each
document, you have data
on the number of times the document was clicked on, added to a cart, and
ordered, and you
would like to use this data for features. Is this correct?

If this is the case, are you indexing that data?

I believe that the features which can be used for the LTR module is
information that is either indexed,
or indexed information which has been manipulated through the use of
function queries.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/learning-to-rank.html

It seems to me that you would have to frequently index the click data, if
you need to refresh the data frequently

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Midas A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi  All,
>
> I am new in implementing solr LTR .  so facing few challenges
> Broadly  we have 3 kind of features
> a) Based on query
> b) based on document
> *c) Based on query-document from click ,cart and order  from tracker data.*
>
> So my question here is how to store c) type of features
>        - Old queries and corresponding clicks ((query-clicks)
>         - Old query -cart addition  and
>       - Old query -order data
>  into solr to run LTR model
> and secoundly how to build features for query-clicks, query-cart and
> query-orders because we need to refresh  this data frequently.
>
> What approch should i follow .
>
> Hope i am able to explain my problem.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LTR features on solr

Midas A
*Thanks for relpy . Please find my answers below inline.*


On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM Kamuela Lau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to confirm, are you asking about the following?
>
> For a particular query, you have a list of documents, and for each
> document, you have data
> on the number of times the document was clicked on, added to a cart, and
> ordered, and you
> would like to use this data for features. Is this correct?
> *[ME] :Yes*
> If this is the case, are you indexing that data?
>
   *[ME]* : *Yes we are planing to index the data but my question is how we
should store it in to solr .*
*         should i create dynamic field to store the click, cart and order
data per query for document?.*
*         Please guide me how we should store. *

>
> I believe that the features which can be used for the LTR module is
> information that is either indexed,
> or indexed information which has been manipulated through the use of
> function queries.
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/learning-to-rank.html
>
> It seems to me that you would have to frequently index the click data, if
> you need to refresh the data frequently
>
  *  [ME] : we are planing to refresh this data weekly.*

>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Midas A <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi  All,
> >
> > I am new in implementing solr LTR .  so facing few challenges
> > Broadly  we have 3 kind of features
> > a) Based on query
> > b) based on document
> > *c) Based on query-document from click ,cart and order  from tracker
> data.*
> >
> > So my question here is how to store c) type of features
> >        - Old queries and corresponding clicks ((query-clicks)
> >         - Old query -cart addition  and
> >       - Old query -order data
> >  into solr to run LTR model
> > and secoundly how to build features for query-clicks, query-cart and
> > query-orders because we need to refresh  this data frequently.
> >
> > What approch should i follow .
> >
> > Hope i am able to explain my problem.
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LTR features on solr

Kamuela Lau
I have never done such a thing myself, but I think that dynamic field would
probably be the way to go.

I've not used it myself, but you might also be able to do what you want
with payloads:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/function-queries.html#payload-function

https://lucidworks.com/2017/09/14/solr-payloads/

Hope that answers your question.

2018年10月26日(金) 18:28 Midas A <[hidden email]>:

> *Thanks for relpy . Please find my answers below inline.*
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM Kamuela Lau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to confirm, are you asking about the following?
> >
> > For a particular query, you have a list of documents, and for each
> > document, you have data
> > on the number of times the document was clicked on, added to a cart, and
> > ordered, and you
> > would like to use this data for features. Is this correct?
> > *[ME] :Yes*
> > If this is the case, are you indexing that data?
> >
>    *[ME]* : *Yes we are planing to index the data but my question is how we
> should store it in to solr .*
> *         should i create dynamic field to store the click, cart and order
> data per query for document?.*
> *         Please guide me how we should store. *
>
> >
> > I believe that the features which can be used for the LTR module is
> > information that is either indexed,
> > or indexed information which has been manipulated through the use of
> > function queries.
> >
> > https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/learning-to-rank.html
> >
> > It seems to me that you would have to frequently index the click data, if
> > you need to refresh the data frequently
> >
>   *  [ME] : we are planing to refresh this data weekly.*
>
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Midas A <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi  All,
> > >
> > > I am new in implementing solr LTR .  so facing few challenges
> > > Broadly  we have 3 kind of features
> > > a) Based on query
> > > b) based on document
> > > *c) Based on query-document from click ,cart and order  from tracker
> > data.*
> > >
> > > So my question here is how to store c) type of features
> > >        - Old queries and corresponding clicks ((query-clicks)
> > >         - Old query -cart addition  and
> > >       - Old query -order data
> > >  into solr to run LTR model
> > > and secoundly how to build features for query-clicks, query-cart and
> > > query-orders because we need to refresh  this data frequently.
> > >
> > > What approch should i follow .
> > >
> > > Hope i am able to explain my problem.
> > >
> >
>