Large number of HTTP requests to Solr-5.2.1 throwing errors

Large number of HTTP requests to Solr-5.2.1 throwing errors

Deeksha Sharma-3
Hi,

Version of Solr : Solr-5.2.1
I am sending large number of HTTP GET requests to Solr server for querying indexes. These requests to Solr are generated via a Node.js service.

When the number of requests to Solr are ~250, I am intermittently facing these kinds of issues:

  *   Some times Socket hang up
  *   Sometimes Solr-server doesn’t respond and send back HTTP 500.
  *   At times I have received error of ECONNRESET -> indicating that TCP connection on the other side closed abruptly.

I wanted to know if there is a way to indicate to Solr that it needs to keep the connective alive or there is a way to send solr server large number of query requests.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Deeksha

Re: Large number of HTTP requests to Solr-5.2.1 throwing errors

Shawn Heisey-2
On 3/8/2018 1:21 PM, Deeksha Sharma wrote:

> Version of Solr : Solr-5.2.1
> I am sending large number of HTTP GET requests to Solr server for querying indexes. These requests to Solr are generated via a Node.js service.
>
> When the number of requests to Solr are ~250, I am intermittently facing these kinds of issues:
>
>   *   Some times Socket hang up
>   *   Sometimes Solr-server doesn’t respond and send back HTTP 500.
>   *   At times I have received error of ECONNRESET -> indicating that TCP connection on the other side closed abruptly.
>
> I wanted to know if there is a way to indicate to Solr that it needs to keep the connective alive or there is a way to send solr server large number of query requests.

We need to know exactly what is happening from Solr's point of view.
Can you please share your solr.log file, making sure that it covers the
time of the errors?  Chances are very good that if you try to attach
that file to an email reply that the mailing list will eat the
attachment, so it's better if you use a paste website or a file sharing
website and give us a URL for accessing it.  Dropbox and Gist tend to be
good choices.

Whenever Solr sends back an error response, like a 500, there should be
something in the solr.log that provides more detail about what went wrong.

There is not typically anything in the log file that's particularly
sensitive, but if you do find something you don't want to share, feel
free to redact it.  But take care to ensure that the redaction is as
small as possible, and that it is possible for us to tell one bit of
redacted information apart from others.

Thanks,
Shawn