Limiting results based on score

Corey Tisdale-3
Is there a way to specify that you only want results with a score
greater than x? I've noticed that when two generic words mean
something specific if seen together, I get good results with a high
score but thousands of not-so-relevent results below score x. This is
only a problem when sorting by somthing other than score, but if I
could figure out a way to cut out the irrelevent stuff I think it
woul help a lot

Corey

Re: Limiting results based on score

Chris Hostetter-3

short answer: No

long answer: You could with a custom request handler but it would be
meaningless.

There are more details on this in the LUcene FAQ which has few pointers to
past discussions on the lucene java mailing lists (there are many, MANY
more discussions about this in the lucene archives as well) ...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-912c1f237bb00259185353182948e5935f0c2f03

Re: Limiting results based on score

Corey Tisdale-3
Thanks!