Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

Vrinda Ashok
Hello,

I have application  sending request to Shard1 each time, making this single point of failure. Please suggest what can I use for Load balancing in SolrNet.

Is there something like CloudSolrClient as in SolrJ ? Or will I have to go with HA proxy or physical load balance only ?

Please suggest.

Thank you,
Vrinda Davda
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.

In such cases, please notify us immediately at [hidden email] . Further, you are not to copy,

disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized person(s) .Any such actions are

considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize

this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should

carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments. Infinite reserves the right to monitor

and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail

address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********

Re: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

Shawn Heisey-2
On 4/20/2017 12:47 AM, Vrinda Ashok wrote:
> I have application  sending request to Shard1 each time, making this single point of failure. Please suggest what can I use for Load balancing in SolrNet.
>
> Is there something like CloudSolrClient as in SolrJ ? Or will I have to go with HA proxy or physical load balance only ?

SolrNet was not built by the Solr project.  It was developed by somebody
else.

Unless SolrNet has the capability of using more than one base URL to
access Solr and failing over if one of them becomes unusable, you will
need a separate load balancer.  I have no idea whether SolrNet has that
capability.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

Vrinda Ashok
Thanks  Shawn.

So do you suggest to have external load balance ? Something like HA proxy or physical load balance.

On 4/20/2017 12:47 AM, Vrinda Ashok wrote:
> I have application  sending request to Shard1 each time, making this single point of failure. Please suggest what can I use for Load balancing in SolrNet.
>
> Is there something like CloudSolrClient as in SolrJ ? Or will I have to go with HA proxy or physical load balance only ?

SolrNet was not built by the Solr project.  It was developed by somebody else.

Unless SolrNet has the capability of using more than one base URL to access Solr and failing over if one of them becomes unusable, you will need a separate load balancer.  I have no idea whether SolrNet has that capability.

Thanks,
Shawn

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.

In such cases, please notify us immediately at [hidden email] . Further, you are not to copy,

disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized person(s) .Any such actions are

considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize

this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should

carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments. Infinite reserves the right to monitor

and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail

address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********

Re: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Hello, Vrinda.

AFAIK, this SolrCloud is supported
https://github.com/dkrupnou/SolrNet/tree/cloud

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

Florian Gleixner

i wrote a Solr Cloud Proxy. The idea is to run a Proxy on every client
machine, that wants to connect to the SolrCloud. The client connects to
the proxy at localhost, and the proxy used SolrJ to connect to the cloud.

It is not yet tested very well, but it works for me.

https://gitlab.lrz.de/a2814ad/SolrCloudProxy

A jar with dependencies is here:

https://gitlab.lrz.de/a2814ad/SolrCloudProxy/blob/master/target/SolrCloudProxy-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar