Lucene/Solr 7.3

12

Lucene/Solr 7.3

Alan Woodward
Hi all,

It’s been a couple of months since the 7.2 release, and we’ve accumulated some nice new features since then.  I’d like to volunteer to be RM for a 7.3 release.

I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks, so I would plan to create the release branch two weeks today, on the 9th March (unless anybody else wants to do it sooner, of course :)

- Alan

RE: Lucene/Solr 7.3

Uwe Schindler
+1 Thanks!

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> It’s been a couple of months since the 7.2 release, and we’ve accumulated
> some nice new features since then.  I’d like to volunteer to be RM for a 7.3
> release.
>
> I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks, so I would plan to create the
> release branch two weeks today, on the 9th March (unless anybody else
> wants to do it sooner, of course :)
>
> - Alan

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.3

Joel Bernstein
+1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 Thanks!

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> It’s been a couple of months since the 7.2 release, and we’ve accumulated
> some nice new features since then.  I’d like to volunteer to be RM for a 7.3
> release.
>
> I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks, so I would plan to create the
> release branch two weeks today, on the 9th March (unless anybody else
> wants to do it sooner, of course :)
>
> - Alan

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.3

Erick Erickson
+1 Thanks!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 Thanks!
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.3

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
+1 and I'd like to nominate Kai Chan's

patch for potential inclusion in 7.3 even though I'm not myself familiar with that area of the code.

Christine

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 Thanks!
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.3

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
I think the feature freeze is when the feature branch is created (9th March), not now

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 and I'd like to nominate Kai Chan's

patch for potential inclusion in 7.3 even though I'm not myself familiar with that area of the code.

Christine

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 Thanks!
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

Cassandra Targett
I intend to create the Ref Guide RC as soon as the Lucene/Solr artifacts RC is ready, so this is a great time to remind folks that if you've got Ref Guide changes to be done, you've got a couple weeks. If you're stuck or not sure what to do, let me know & I'm happy to help you out.

Eventually we'd like to release both the Ref Guide and Lucene/Solr with the same release process, so this will be a big first test to see how ready for that we are.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 4:50 AM, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

It’s been a couple of months since the 7.2 release, and we’ve accumulated some nice new features since then.  I’d like to volunteer to be RM for a 7.3 release.

I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks, so I would plan to create the release branch two weeks today, on the 9th March (unless anybody else wants to do it sooner, of course :)

- Alan

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.3

Alan Woodward-3
I’ve created the 7.3 release branch.  I’ll leave 24 hours for bug-fixes and doc patches and then create a release candidate.

We’re now in feature-freeze for 7.3, so please bear in mind the following:
  • No new features may be committed to the branch.
  • Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be committed to the branch. However, you should submit all patches you want to commit to Jira first to give others the chance to review and possibly vote against the patch. Keep in mind that it is our main intention to keep the branch as stable as possible.
  • All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed to the unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into the current release branch.
  • Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual. However, if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch while the branch feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the addition wait a couple more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch may become more difficult.
  • Only Jira issues with Fix version “7.3" and priority "Blocker" will delay a release candidate build.

On 9 Mar 2018, at 16:43, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

caomanhdat
Hi guys, Alan,

I found a blocker issue SOLR-12110, when investigating test failure. I've already uploaded a patch and beasting the tests, if the result is good I will commit soon.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:49 PM Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Alan,

Sure the issue is marked as Blocker for 7.3.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 3:12 PM Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I committed the fix for SOLR-12110 to branch_7_3

Thanks!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 5:43 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Varun Thacker-4
I was going through the blockers for 7.3 and only SOLR-12070 came up. Is the fix complete for this Andrzej?

@Alan : When do you plan on cutting an RC ? I committed SOLR-12083 yesterday and SOLR-12063 today to master/branch_7x. Both are important fixes for CDCR so if you are okay I can backport it to the release branch

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:58 PM, Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I’d like to build the RC on Monday, but it depends on SOLR-12070.  I can help debugging that if need be.

+1 to backport your fixes