Lucene/Solr 7.4

1234

Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

jim ferenczi
+1

Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Michael McCandless-2
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Adrien

RE: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Uwe Schindler

+1 for doing this. I just need some time to bring in a security-related fix.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Christian Moen
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:24 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Simon Willnauer-4
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:40 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:24 PM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a
>> number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd
>> like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>
>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC
>> early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are
>> bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by
>> then.
>>
>> Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Varun Thacker-4
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.

Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Dawid Weiss-2
+1. Thanks Adrien.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a
>> number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd
>> like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>
>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC
>> early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are
>> bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by
>> then.
>>
>> Adrien

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Andrzej Białecki
Hi Adrien,

I would like to upgrade the metrics library to 3.2.6, which fixes an important bug affecting histograms (SOLR-12445).

On 6 Jun 2018, at 08:01, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1. Thanks Adrien.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a
number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd
like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC
early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are
bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by
then.

Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Cassandra Targett
+1, thanks Adrien.

As with the last release, I plan to produce the Solr Ref Guide RC on the same day the 7.4 RC is available, so I'd suggest to anyone holding off on doc edits to try to make some time in the next few days, if possible.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:59 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Oh, OK, I see our disconnect. This week is fine, even if it's on the larger side. I just meant if someone *does* have big changes, they should start sooner rather than later. IOW, don't wait until next week or later.

(Part of what motivated my message is I saw a comment in an issue earlier that said there would be time between 7.4 release and Ref Guide release to work on docs - that's what I don't want to happen.)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:48 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello,

I just pushed a branch_7_4. Please do not push features or enhancements to this branch, however it's totally fine to keep pushing bugfixes to it, though we should be careful if these fixes are not unlikely to introduce other bugs. Andrzej, I see SOLR-12445 is marked as an enhancement in JIRA, but it's fine to push it to branch_6_4.

Le mer. 6 juin 2018 à 20:56, Cassandra Targett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Did you mean SOLR-12438? I pushed SOLR-12445 just before you created a branch, so it’s already there. However, I upgraded SOLR-12438 to a Bug, because accidentally some of the responses from that handler were improperly serialised (as arrays instead of maps). Since this is a fix for a new feature in 7.4 I think it makes sense to commit this fix too.