Lucene/Solr 7.4

1234

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
I read quickly and assumed there was still work left since it was still open, but if it's merged already it's perfect. I don't have enough background to know whether SOLR-12438 is safe but I'll trust your judgement.

Le jeu. 7 juin 2018 à 14:25, Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Adrien,

Did you mean SOLR-12438? I pushed SOLR-12445 just before you created a branch, so it’s already there. However, I upgraded SOLR-12438 to a Bug, because accidentally some of the responses from that handler were improperly serialised (as arrays instead of maps). Since this is a fix for a new feature in 7.4 I think it makes sense to commit this fix too.

On 7 Jun 2018, at 10:31, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I just pushed a branch_7_4. Please do not push features or enhancements to this branch, however it's totally fine to keep pushing bugfixes to it, though we should be careful if these fixes are not unlikely to introduce other bugs. Andrzej, I see SOLR-12445 is marked as an enhancement in JIRA, but it's fine to push it to branch_6_4.

Le mer. 6 juin 2018 à 20:56, Cassandra Targett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Oh, OK, I see our disconnect. This week is fine, even if it's on the larger side. I just meant if someone *does* have big changes, they should start sooner rather than later. IOW, don't wait until next week or later.

(Part of what motivated my message is I saw a comment in an issue earlier that said there would be time between 7.4 release and Ref Guide release to work on docs - that's what I don't want to happen.)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:48 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Roger; but I don't think this simultaneous release means that ref guide edits this week are not welcome?  Risky/big changes are not welcome I assume.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM Cassandra Targett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, I know some people don't update docs with their code changes for whatever their reasons are, so I just wanted to remind folks that for 7.2 the Ref Guide was released at the same time, and I intend this one to be too. Not sure if the goal of merging these release processes was widely understood yet, so didn't want to assume and catch people unaware.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
 I'd suggest to anyone holding off on doc edits to try to make some time in the next few days, if possible.

What's the concern?

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM Cassandra Targett <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1, thanks Adrien.

As with the last release, I plan to produce the Solr Ref Guide RC on the same day the 7.4 RC is available, so I'd suggest to anyone holding off on doc edits to try to make some time in the next few days, if possible.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:59 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Le mer. 6 juin 2018 à 11:53, Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Adrien,

I would like to upgrade the metrics library to 3.2.6, which fixes an important bug affecting histograms (SOLR-12445).

On 6 Jun 2018, at 08:01, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1. Thanks Adrien.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a
number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd
like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.

I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC
early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are
bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by
then.

Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Andrzej Białecki

On 7 Jun 2018, at 14:27, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

I read quickly and assumed there was still work left since it was still open, but if it's merged already it's perfect. I don't have enough background to know whether SOLR-12438 is safe but I'll trust your judgement.

I left it open because ultimately we want to upgrade to 4.0.2, which we’re unable to do at the moment due to some missing artifacts in Maven repo. It may have been confusing … I’ll close this issue and create a separate one for the next upgrade.

I’ll do some beasting of the other patch and if it works ok I’ll commit it by tomorrow.

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

sarowe
Adrien,

Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>
> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>
> Uwe
>

> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>
> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>
> Adrien
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>
> --
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
+1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.

Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Adrien,

Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>
> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>
> Uwe
>

> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>
> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>
> Adrien
> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>
> --
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

sarowe
Done, thanks Adrien.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>
> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Adrien,
>
> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
> >
> > Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> > I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
> >
> > Uwe
> >

> > Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
> > It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
> >
> > I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
> >
> > Adrien
> > --
> > Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
> > LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
> >
> > --
> > Uwe Schindler
> > Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
> > https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

sarowe
Adrien,

Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Done, thanks Adrien.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>>
>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>>>
>>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>>>
>>> Uwe
>>>

>>> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>>>
>>> Adrien
>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
OK to backport SOLR-12434.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Adrien,

Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Done, thanks Adrien.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>>
>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>>>
>>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>>>
>>> Uwe
>>>

>>> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>>>
>>> Adrien
>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Andrzej Białecki
Hi,

I’d like to also commit a minor patch that reduces logging from MetricsHistoryHandler and fixes incorrect index size conversion there (this is a follow-up to SOLR-12438).

On 13 Jun 2018, at 19:08, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK to backport SOLR-12434.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Adrien,

Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Done, thanks Adrien.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>>
>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>>>
>>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>>>
>>> Uwe
>>>

>>> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>>>
>>> Adrien
>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
+1

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 19:42, Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I’d like to also commit a minor patch that reduces logging from MetricsHistoryHandler and fixes incorrect index size conversion there (this is a follow-up to SOLR-12438).

On 13 Jun 2018, at 19:08, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK to backport SOLR-12434.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Adrien,

Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Done, thanks Adrien.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>>
>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>>>
>>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>>>
>>> Uwe
>>>

>>> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>>>
>>> Adrien
>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Andrzej Białecki

On 13 Jun 2018, at 19:41, Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I’d like to also commit a minor patch that reduces logging from MetricsHistoryHandler and fixes incorrect index size conversion there (this is a follow-up to SOLR-12438).

Make that SOLR-11779, that’s where the problem was reported - but they are both about the same component.

On 13 Jun 2018, at 19:08, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK to backport SOLR-12434.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Adrien,

Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Done, thanks Adrien.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
>>
>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> No worries Uwe, we'll wait. Enjoy Buzzwords!
>>>
>>> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 17:08, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> I still have this new security issue and to fix it finally everywhere, it requires API changes. So please wait, I am working but buzzwords is so interesting! 🤯
>>>
>>> Uwe
>>>

>>> Am June 11, 2018 2:45:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <[hidden email]>:
>>> It'd be nice to get in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8344 but is pending a review.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We released 7.3 two months ago on April 4th and we accumulated quite a number of features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet, so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the 7.4 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if that are bug fixes that we think should make it to 7.4 and might not be ready by then.
>>>
>>> Adrien
>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Uwe Schindler
>>> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
>>> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

sarowe
Thanks, done.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>
> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Adrien,
>
> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Done, thanks Adrien.
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> > www.lucidworks.com
> >
> >> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1 to backport LUCENE-8278 to 7.4. Thanks Steve.
> >>
> >> Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 23:21, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >> Adrien,
> >>
> >> Are you okay with including the fix on LUCENE-8278 in 7.4?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steve
> >> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

sarowe
Crap, I forgot to ask for inclusion of SOLR-12481, a doc-only fix related to SOLR-12434.  I’m going to assume that it’s okay to backport as well, I’ll go do that now.  Sorry for the churn.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, done.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>>
>> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, thanks Adrien.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
It is. In general I trust your judgement to only backport low-risk fixes.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 21:03, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Crap, I forgot to ask for inclusion of SOLR-12481, a doc-only fix related to SOLR-12434.  I’m going to assume that it’s okay to backport as well, I’ll go do that now.  Sorry for the churn.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, done.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>>
>> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, thanks Adrien.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Alan Woodward-3
Hi Adrien,

If possible I’d like to get LUCENE-8357 in, which fixes a regression in Explanations for Solr’s boost queries.

Alan

On 13 Jun 2018, at 20:42, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

It is. In general I trust your judgement to only backport low-risk fixes.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 21:03, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Crap, I forgot to ask for inclusion of SOLR-12481, a doc-only fix related to SOLR-12434.  I’m going to assume that it’s okay to backport as well, I’ll go do that now.  Sorry for the churn.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, done.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>>
>> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, thanks Adrien.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
+1

Le jeu. 14 juin 2018 à 10:02, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Adrien,

If possible I’d like to get LUCENE-8357 in, which fixes a regression in Explanations for Solr’s boost queries.

Alan

On 13 Jun 2018, at 20:42, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

It is. In general I trust your judgement to only backport low-risk fixes.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 21:03, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Crap, I forgot to ask for inclusion of SOLR-12481, a doc-only fix related to SOLR-12434.  I’m going to assume that it’s okay to backport as well, I’ll go do that now.  Sorry for the churn.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, done.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>>
>> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, thanks Adrien.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Alan Woodward-3
LUCENE-8357 is in.

On 14 Jun 2018, at 09:27, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1

Le jeu. 14 juin 2018 à 10:02, Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Adrien,

If possible I’d like to get LUCENE-8357 in, which fixes a regression in Explanations for Solr’s boost queries.

Alan

On 13 Jun 2018, at 20:42, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

It is. In general I trust your judgement to only backport low-risk fixes.

Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 21:03, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Crap, I forgot to ask for inclusion of SOLR-12481, a doc-only fix related to SOLR-12434.  I’m going to assume that it’s okay to backport as well, I’ll go do that now.  Sorry for the churn.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, done.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK to backport SOLR-12434.
>>
>> Le mer. 13 juin 2018 à 18:41, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Adrien,
>>
>> Are you okay with backporting SOLR-12434 to 7.4?
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com
>>
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, thanks Adrien.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.4

Adrien Grand
It looks like blockers are all resolved, please let me know if I am missing something. I will build a first RC on Monday.

1234