Lucene and XML Architecture

Thomas-164
Hi all,

As part of my diploma thesis I'm starting to work on an information
retrieval
solution for a law and business publisher. Currently I'm trying to define a
flexible and scalable architecture. All the data is present in XML-form and
at the moment simply stored on the file system and indexed and retrieved
by a proprietary solution. The total amount of data is only a few gigabyte.

My intention is to use an open source native XML database like eXist or
Xindice
as datastore, Lucene for indexing/searching and Cocoon for presentation.
Does
anyone have experience with the combination of native XML stores and Lucene?
Are there any problems that could arise from this combination?

- Thomas

Re: Lucene and XML Architecture

Patrek
Hi,

There is a Lucene-eXist trigger that allows you to do just that. Take
a look at patch
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1654205&group_id=17691&atid=317691

Then, from exist, you can search either with XQuery or Lucene syntax.

Patrick

Thomas wrote:
> My intention is to use an open source native XML database like eXist or Xindice
> as datastore, Lucene for indexing/searching and Cocoon for presentation. Does
> anyone have experience with the combination of native XML stores and Lucene?
> Are there any problems that could arise from this combination?
>
> - Thomas

Re: Lucene and XML Architecture

Thomas-164
Thanx a lot Patrick! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll give it
a shot.

-Thomas