Lucene index verifier

Lance Norskog-2
(Sorry, my Lucene java-user access is wonky.)

I would like to verify that my snapshots are not corrupt before I enable
them.

What is the simplest program to verify that a Lucene index is not corrupt?

Or, what is a Solr query that will verify that there is no corruption? With
the minimum amount of time?

Thanks,

Lance Norskog

Re: Lucene index verifier

Grant Ingersoll-2
I think Mike M. put up a tool called CheckIndex that is a simple
driver program that checks for corruption.  However, my understanding
is that he isn't sure it is complete just yet, but it is a start.
Have a look in the latest release.

Maybe it would be useful to have it run either on startup or
periodically in Solr (if configured to do so).  I haven't tried it, so
I don't know what effect it has on performance/search/indexing.

-Grant

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:15 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:

> (Sorry, my Lucene java-user access is wonky.)
>
> I would like to verify that my snapshots are not corrupt before I
> enable
> them.
>
> What is the simplest program to verify that a Lucene index is not
> corrupt?
>
> Or, what is a Solr query that will verify that there is no
> corruption? With
> the minimum amount of time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lance Norskog

Re: Lucene index verifier

Yonik Seeley-2
If someone wanted those additional checks, it seems like the right
place to hook it in would be the snapshooter or snapinstaller.

-Yonik

On Feb 8, 2008 8:04 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Mike M. put up a tool called CheckIndex that is a simple
> driver program that checks for corruption.  However, my understanding
> is that he isn't sure it is complete just yet, but it is a start.
> Have a look in the latest release.
>
> Maybe it would be useful to have it run either on startup or
> periodically in Solr (if configured to do so).  I haven't tried it, so
> I don't know what effect it has on performance/search/indexing.
>
> -Grant
>

> On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:15 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:
>
> > (Sorry, my Lucene java-user access is wonky.)
> >
> > I would like to verify that my snapshots are not corrupt before I
> > enable
> > them.
> >
> > What is the simplest program to verify that a Lucene index is not
> > corrupt?
> >
> > Or, what is a Solr query that will verify that there is no
> > corruption? With
> > the minimum amount of time?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lance Norskog

RE: Lucene index verifier

Lance Norskog-2
Given the size of our index, using file checksums is more feasible.