Lucene - index writer

MAHADEVAN SAMBAMURTHY
Hi,

 I am new to Lucene and recently started making use of
it. Can anyone please clarify the following:

I have 2 services and need to have index on the
fetched datas from respective services. I am trying to
create the index for both of them in the same
directory with 2 different analyzers like this:

private final String indexDir = "/data/index";

(Service 1 creates INdexWriter as follows )
IndexWriter indexWriter = new IndexWriter(indexDir,
new StopAnalyzer(), false);

 (Service 2 creates INdexWriter as follows )
IndexWriter indexWriter = new IndexWriter(indexDir,
new StandardAnalyzer(), false);

1. Can I have the IndexWriter like this using diferent
Analyzers.. for writing the INdex in the same dir. for
different services ?

2. I could see from Lucene that I have to make use of
the SAME Analyzer when creating the INdex as well as
during searching.. but for the above mentioned
situation, will it have any conflicts ?

Thanks & Regards,
S. Mahadevan

RE: Lucene - index writer

Satuluri, Venu_Madhav
Hi,

I don't think it should cause any conflicts in the index itself (the
indexing process proper is decoupled from the analyzing), and if you can
decide as to which analyzer to use when you're searching based on the
field/kind of search, then it should be fine.

Regards,
Venu