Merge policy to merge during off-peak hours

Merge policy to merge during off-peak hours

Tom Burton-West-2
Hello all,

Lucene in Action 2nd Edition mentions a time-dependent merge policy that defers large merges until off-peak hours.  (Section 2.13.6 p 71).
Has anyone implemented such a policy?  Is it worth  opening a JIRA issue for this?

Tom Burton-West

Re: Merge policy to merge during off-peak hours

Michael McCandless-2
I don't know of anyone who's actually implemented this.... but I'd
love to see such a MergePolicy!

Mike