Metrics reporting

Kumaresh AK
Hello!
I see two ways to get metrics from solr: jmx and metrics API. Is there a
preference to use one over the other ?

Regards,
Kumaresh

Re: Metrics reporting

Erick Erickson
The metrics API is probably preferred if for no other reason than JMX needs some work with your admins to insure the security is set up properly.

> On Apr 28, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Kumaresh AK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
> I see two ways to get metrics from solr: jmx and metrics API. Is there a
> preference to use one over the other ?
>
> Regards,
> Kumaresh

Re: Metrics reporting

Kumaresh AK
Thanks Erick.

> On Apr 29, 2019, at 5:23 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The metrics API is probably preferred if for no other reason than JMX needs some work with your admins to insure the security is set up properly.
>
>> On Apr 28, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Kumaresh AK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>> I see two ways to get metrics from solr: jmx and metrics API. Is there a
>> preference to use one over the other ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kumaresh

Re: Metrics reporting

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
On the other hand, if you need auth setup with Solr, you may meet road blocks polling Solr metrics APIs unless your metrics client supports that auth, so that could be a reason to go with JMX for now.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com