Migrate from Lucene 5.5.3 to 7.6.0

brahmam
Hi,

We want to migrate from lucene 5.5.3 to 7.6.0(current stable version).
Could you please help with migration guide if any available for the same?

*One of the scenario observed:*
when used *NumericRangeQuery.newLongRange, *we can pass the precision step
as the parameter.
But now in 7.6.0, we need to use LongPoint, but no method available which
can take the precision as parameter.

Could you please advice how to overcome this migration issue?

Regards,
Sreeram

RE: Migrate from Lucene 5.5.3 to 7.6.0

Uwe Schindler
Hi,

You can't use indexes from Lucene 5.5 with Lucene 7.6. You have to reindex with Lucene 7 and use LongPoints instead of NumericField. Lucene 7 does not have NumericRangeQuery anymore, so you cannot query old indexes. There is no direct migration path, so you have to reindex.

The precisionStep is no longer needed with points (it does this automatically in its internal implementation).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> We want to migrate from lucene 5.5.3 to 7.6.0(current stable version).
> Could you please help with migration guide if any available for the same?
>
> *One of the scenario observed:*
> when used *NumericRangeQuery.newLongRange, *we can pass the precision
> step
> as the parameter.
> But now in 7.6.0, we need to use LongPoint, but no method available which
> can take the precision as parameter.
>
> Could you please advice how to overcome this migration issue?
>
> Regards,
> Sreeram

Re: Migrate from Lucene 5.5.3 to 7.6.0

brahmam
Hi Thank you for sharing the details.

1) Is NumericRangeQuery is the only API removed in license 7 when compare
with lucene 5.5.3?

2) To do re-index of the existing data with lucene 7, does it support all
scenarios like closed partitions, backed up or archived data etc... Or any
key areas which we need to be cautious to do re-index with lucense 7.

3) is any API or guide available to re-index existing data with lucense 7?

Regards,
Sreeram