Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

Roee T
Hi all,
I'm trying to upload the most simple model to solr 7.3.1 and i get an error:

the model:

{
   "class" : "org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
   "name" : "my",
   "features":[],
   "params" : {
       "trees" : [
           {
               "weight" : 1,
               "root" : {
                   "value" : -10
               }} ]}}

The error:
  "error":{
    "metadata":[
      "error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException",
      "root-error-class","java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"],
    "msg":"org.apache.solr.ltr.model.ModelException: Model type does not
exist org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
    "code":400}}

I inserted the configurations to solrconfig.xml like
  <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/contrib/langid/lib/"
regex=".*\.jar" />
and started solr using   -Dsolr.ltr.enabled=true

please help me
Thanks you all ;)

Re: Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

kamal11
Hi Roee,

It looks the error is due to blank feature param value in the json.

"name" : "my",
   "features":[],
   "params" : {

I have observed that many a times solr ltr returns generic error that 'Model
type does not
exist', but later actually found to be an issue with json. Just wanted to
share my experience.

Regards
Kamal

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 4:07 PM Roee T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to upload the most simple model to solr 7.3.1 and i get an
> error:
>
> the model:
>
> {
>    "class" : "org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
>    "name" : "my",
>    "features":[],
>    "params" : {
>        "trees" : [
>            {
>                "weight" : 1,
>                "root" : {
>                    "value" : -10
>                }} ]}}
>
> The error:
>   "error":{
>     "metadata":[
>       "error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException",
>       "root-error-class","java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"],
>     "msg":"org.apache.solr.ltr.model.ModelException: Model type does not
> exist org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
>     "code":400}}
>

> I inserted the configurations to solrconfig.xml like
>   <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/contrib/langid/lib/"
> regex=".*\.jar" />
> and started solr using   -Dsolr.ltr.enabled=true
>
> please help me
> Thanks you all ;)

Re: Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

Kamuela Lau
Hi Roee,

I think that in addition to the fact that the feature param is blank in the
model JSON, you should also make sure that the features you put in the JSON
have been added to the feature-store.
This generic error also occurs when the features haven't been added to the
feature store.

In addition, for Multiple Additive Trees Model, you should also make sure
you have quotes around the values, as shown here:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_3_1/solr-ltr/org/apache/solr/ltr/model/MultipleAdditiveTreesModel.html

If you do not add quotes, the same 'Model type does not exist' error will
occur.

Hope this helps!