Modify partial configsets using API

Mike Drob-3
Solr Experts,

Is there an existing API to modify just part of my configset, for example
synonyms or stopwords? I see that there is the schema API, but that is
pretty specific in scope.

Not sure if I should be looking at configset API to upload a zip with a
single file, or if there are more granular options available.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Modify partial configsets using API

Shawn Heisey-2
On 5/8/2019 10:50 AM, Mike Drob wrote:
> Solr Experts,
>
> Is there an existing API to modify just part of my configset, for example
> synonyms or stopwords? I see that there is the schema API, but that is
> pretty specific in scope.
>
> Not sure if I should be looking at configset API to upload a zip with a
> single file, or if there are more granular options available.

Here's a documentation link for managed resources:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/managed-resources.html

That's the 6.6 version of the documentation.  If you're running
something newer, which seems likely since 6.6 is quite old now, you
might want to look into a later documentation version.

Thanks,
Shawn

On 2019/05/08 16:52:52, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/8/2019 10:50 AM, Mike Drob wrote:
> > Solr Experts,
> >
> > Is there an existing API to modify just part of my configset, for example
> > synonyms or stopwords? I see that there is the schema API, but that is
> > pretty specific in scope.
> >
> > Not sure if I should be looking at configset API to upload a zip with a
> > single file, or if there are more granular options available.
>
> Here's a documentation link for managed resources:
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/managed-resources.html
>
> That's the 6.6 version of the documentation.  If you're running
> something newer, which seems likely since 6.6 is quite old now, you
> might want to look into a later documentation version.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Thanks Shawn, this looks like it will fit the bill nicely!

One more question that I don't see covered in the documentation - if I have multiple collections sharing the same config set, does updating the managed stop words for one collection apply the change to all? Is this change persisted in zookeeper?

Mike

Re: Modify partial configsets using API

Tulsi
That's right Mike.

If same config set is used for multiple collection , changing any file in
this would apply to other collections as well.