MoreLikeThis similarity-type queries in Solr

MoreLikeThis similarity-type queries in Solr

Brian Whitman
Does Solr have support for the Lucene query-contrib "MoreLikeThis"
query type or anything like it? I know that you can specify your own
similarity scorer but we're looking for a way to do direct "query by
document number" type queries in Solr.

-Brian

Re: MoreLikeThis similarity-type queries in Solr

Bertrand Delacretaz
On 1/31/07, Brian Whitman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does Solr have support for the Lucene query-contrib "MoreLikeThis"
> query type or anything like it? ...

Yes, there's a patch in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-69 -
if you try it, please add your comments on that page.

-Bertrand

Re: MoreLikeThis similarity-type queries in Solr

Andrew Nagy-2
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Brian Whitman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does Solr have support for the Lucene query-contrib "MoreLikeThis"
>> query type or anything like it? ...
>
> Yes, there's a patch in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-69 -
> if you try it, please add your comments on that page.

Anyword on something like this being incorporated into the official SOLR
release?

Andrew

On 1/31/07, Andrew Nagy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >... Yes, there's a patch in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-69 -...
>
> Anyword on something like this being incorporated into the official SOLR
> release?

The patch is quite simple, I think we could commit it soon if the
other committers agree.

What's missing are unit tests, I'll try to write them next week unless
someone  beats me to it (I'm quite busy with other stuff ATM).

-Bertrand

Re: MoreLikeThis similarity-type queries in Solr

Erik Hatcher
I'm happy to apply this soon, as I could use it myself and deprecate
the custom stuff I've done in Collex.

At the very latest, I'll tackle this when unit tests arrive, or maybe
before.

Thanks for the reminder, Bertrand.

        Erik