MultiValued field: can I retrieve just one?

MultiValued field: can I retrieve just one?

Jamie Orchard-Hays-4
If I have a multiValued field, will it always return all items in the
array, or can I retrieve just those in the document with matching
text?

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: MultiValued field: can I retrieve just one?

Ryan McKinley

The highlighting results will return fields with matching text, but
there is not a way to limit some multivalued fields from the returned
documents.

Jamie Orchard-Hays wrote:
> If I have a multiValued field, will it always return all items in the
> array, or can I retrieve just those in the document with matching
> text?
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie

Re: MultiValued field: can I retrieve just one?

Yonik Seeley-2
On 4/25/07, Jamie Orchard-Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I have a multiValued field, will it always return all items in the
> array, or can I retrieve just those in the document with matching
> text?

You always get all of them.  Lucene does not return to you which field
matches a query.
Features like highlighting re-do some work to figure out where matches occurred.

Re: MultiValued field: can I retrieve just one?

Jamie Orchard-Hays-4
Thanks guys, that's what I figured.

Jamie