(NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

(NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Jérôme Charron
Hi,

Chris, Sébastien and me have worked on a proposal for solving the NUTCH-88
issue.
This proposal is available on the Nutch Wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ParserFactoryImprovementProposal.
Thanks for reading it, commenting it, and voting for it (+ or -).

Best regards

Jérôme

http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: (NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Jon Shoberg
J?r?me Charron wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Chris, S?bastien and me have worked on a proposal for solving the NUTCH-88
>issue.
>This proposal is available on the Nutch Wiki at
>http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ParserFactoryImprovementProposal.
>Thanks for reading it, commenting it, and voting for it (+ or -).
>
>Best regards
>
>J?r?me

As a nutch user +1.

-j

Re: (NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Michael Nebel
+1

What about a "default-plugin" as Andrzej proposed. It should behave like
the unix-command "strings". Does this make sense? Are you on it too?
Otherwise, I would offer my help.

Michael

--
Michael Nebel
http://www.nebel.de/
http://www.netluchs.de/

Re: (NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Jérôme Charron
> What about a "default-plugin" as Andrzej proposed.

The default plugin mechanism is integrated in the parse-plugins descriptor
using the "*" content-type

> It should behave like
> the unix-command "strings". Does this make sense? Are you on it too?

But we don't planned to develop it

Otherwise, I would offer my help.

So ... feel free to provide a such plugin.
If I remember well, Andrzej has already a piece of code to do that. no?
Regards

Jérôme

http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: (NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Andrzej Białecki-2
J?r?me Charron wrote:

>>It should behave like
>>the unix-command "strings". Does this make sense? Are you on it too?
>

> But we don't planned to develop it
>
> Otherwise, I would offer my help.
>
> So ... feel free to provide a such plugin.
> If I remember well, Andrzej has already a piece of code to do that. no?

Yes, it comes from another package so I need to wrap it around in the
plugin interfaces, give me a day or two...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: (NUTCH-88) Enhance ParserFactory plugin selection policy

Jérôme Charron
> > So ... feel free to provide a such plugin.
> > If I remember well, Andrzej has already a piece of code to do that. no?
> Yes, it comes from another package so I need to wrap it around in the
> plugin interfaces, give me a day or two...

Thanks

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/