Need help with migration to Solr 7 (Error instantiating class)

Need help with migration to Solr 7 (Error instantiating class)

Sambhav Kothari
Hello everyone!

I am migrating my Solr config to solr 7.3 from 6.6.2.

I was having trouble with one of the filters, specifically
'solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory'

I have the required libs from analysis-extras in my solr config.

<lib dir="${solr.install.dir}/contrib/analysis-extras/lucene-libs"
regex=".*\.jar" />
<lib dir="${solr.install.dir}/contrib/analysis-extras/lib" regex=".*\.jar"
/>

but I am still getting

Error instantiating class:
'org.apache.lucene.analysis.icu.ICUFoldingFilterFactory'

I can use the other ICU filters without any problem, and as soon as I
comment my the line having the FoldingFilter everything runs without errors.

I am using solr.ICUTransformFilterFactory apart from the above and that
works fine.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Need help with migration to Solr 7 (Error instantiating class)

Erick Erickson
Try starting Solr with the -v option. That'll dump exactly what's
loaded from where. and provide a lot more details. Also what's in the
Solr logs? Perhaps that'll be more informative.

Best
Erick