Nested Documents without using "type" field ? Possible or Not ?

Nested Documents without using "type" field ? Possible or Not ?

Bruno Mannina-2
Hello,

I would like to use SOLR to index the Cooperative Patent Classification,

The CPC has a hierarchical structure and it can have more than 20 level.

It's a basic structure without Type of nested doc.

i.e:

A -> A01 -> A01B -> A01B3/00 -> A01B3/40 -> A01B3/4025 .

A -> A01 -> A01L -> A01L1/00 -> A01L1/012 -> A01L1/0125 .

B -> B05 -> B05C -> B05C10/00 -> B05C10/87

Important: Each "Code" has a Definition (free text used to explain the
code).

A record is: Code + Definition

- I already indexed this CPC structure with a XML format it works fine.

- With this kind of structure I can't set a type of nested doc.

- A keyword that a user search can be found  in several levels (parent and
child)

So, my tests:

If I set a field named "typedoc" with "parentDoc" or "leaf",

I'm facing an error when I used ParentFilter, ChildFilter, etc.

"Child query must only match non-parent docs"

q={!parent which="typedoc:parentDoc"}ti:details

fq=*,[child parentFilter="typedoc:parentDoc" childFilter="ti:details"]

I need to have the whole structure when I do a query. I mean, I need to have
all parents until level=1

My question is:

Is someone have already indexed and used this kind of structure ?

All information I found use typedoc field.

Thanks for your help !

Cordialement, Best Regards

Bruno

---

RE: Nested Documents without using "type" field ? Possible or Not ?

Bruno Mannina
Dear All,

Nobody is able to tell me if this structure can be querying with whole parents ?

Sorry for this second message,

Sincerely,
Bruno