Newbie Question

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newbie Question

Deepak Goel
Hello

*I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
code is as follows:*

SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();

SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
*However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*

Thank You
Deepak

Deepak
"Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
+91 73500 12833
[hidden email]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie Question

Alexandre Rafalovitch
I think you are missing /query handler endpoint in the URL. Plus actual
search parameters.

You may try using the admin UI to build your queries first.

Regards,
    Alex

On Jan 8, 2018 12:23 PM, "Deepak Goel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> *I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
> code is as follows:*
>
> SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
> http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();
>
> SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
> *However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*
>
> Thank You
> Deepak
>
> Deepak
> "Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
> +91 73500 12833
> [hidden email]
>
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
> LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool
>
> "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> Virus-free.
> www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie Question

Deepak Goel
*Is this right?*

SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare/select").build();

        SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
        query.setQuery("henry");
        query.setFields("text_entry");
        query.setStart(0);

        queryResponse = client.query(query);

*This is still returning NULL*


<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>



Deepak
"Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
+91 73500 12833
[hidden email]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I think you are missing /query handler endpoint in the URL. Plus actual
> search parameters.
>
> You may try using the admin UI to build your queries first.
>
> Regards,
>     Alex
>
> On Jan 8, 2018 12:23 PM, "Deepak Goel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > *I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
> > code is as follows:*
> >
> > SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
> > http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();
> >
> > SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
> > *However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*
> >
> > Thank You
> > Deepak
> >
> > Deepak
> > "Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
> > +91 73500 12833
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
> > LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool
> >
> > "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
> >
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> > utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> > Virus-free.
> > www.avg.com
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> > utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie Question

Deepak Goel
Got it . Thank You for your help



Deepak
"Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
+91 73500 12833
[hidden email]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:48 PM, Deepak Goel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *Is this right?*
>
> SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("http:/
> /localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare/select").build();
>
>         SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
>         query.setQuery("henry");
>         query.setFields("text_entry");
>         query.setStart(0);
>
>         queryResponse = client.query(query);
>
> *This is still returning NULL*
>
>
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail> Virus-free.
> www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> <#m_-1646772333528808550_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
>
>
> Deepak
> "Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
> +91 73500 12833
> [hidden email]
>
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
> LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool
>
> "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
>
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> I think you are missing /query handler endpoint in the URL. Plus actual
>> search parameters.
>>
>> You may try using the admin UI to build your queries first.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Alex
>>
>> On Jan 8, 2018 12:23 PM, "Deepak Goel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > *I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
>> > code is as follows:*
>> >
>> > SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
>> > http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();
>> >
>> > SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
>> > *However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*
>> >
>> > Thank You
>> > Deepak
>> >
>> > Deepak
>> > "Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
>> > +91 73500 12833
>> > [hidden email]
>> >
>> > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
>> > LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool
>> >
>> > "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
>> >
>> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
>> > utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
>> > Virus-free.
>> > www.avg.com
>> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
>> > utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
>> > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>> >
>>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie Question

Shawn Heisey-2
In reply to this post by Deepak Goel
On 1/8/2018 10:23 AM, Deepak Goel wrote:
> *I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
> code is as follows:*
>
> SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
> http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();
>
> SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
> *However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*

The getById method accesses the handler named "/get", normally defined
with the RealTimeGetHandler class.  In recent Solr versions, the /get
handler is defined implicitly and does not have to be configured, but in
older versions (not sure which ones) you do need to have it in
solrconfig.xml.

I didn't expect your code to work because getById method returns a
SolrDocumentList and you have SolrDocument, but apparently this actually
does work.  I have tried code very similar to yours against the
techproducts example in version 7.1, and it works perfectly.  I will
share the exact code I tried and what results I got below.

What code have you tried after the code you've shared?  How are you
determining that no document is returned?  Are there any error messages
logged by the client code or Solr?  If there are, can you share them?

Do you have a document in the shakespeare index that has the value "2"
in whatever field is the uniqueKey?  Does the schema have a uniqueKey
defined?

Can you find the entry in solr.log that logs the query and share that
entire log entry?

Code:

public static void main(String[] args) throws SolrServerException,
IOException
{
  String baseUrl = "http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts";
  SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(baseUrl).build();
  SolrDocument doc = client.getById("SP2514N");
  System.out.println(doc.getFieldValue("name"));
}

Console log from that code:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
further details.
Samsung SpinPoint P120 SP2514N - hard drive - 250 GB - ATA-133


Including the collection/core name in the URL is an older way of writing
SolrJ code.  It works well, but multiple collections can be accessed
through one client object if you change it and your SolrJ version is new
enough.

Thanks,
Shawn

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie Question

Deepak Goel
*Hello*

*The code which worked for me:*

SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();

        SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
        query.setRequestHandler("/select");
        query.setQuery("text_entry:henry");
        query.setFields("text_entry");

        QueryResponse queryResponse = null;
        try
        {
        queryResponse = client.query(query);
        }
        catch (Exception e)
        {

        }

        System.out.println("Query Response: " +queryResponse.toString());

        if (queryResponse!=null && queryResponse.getResponse().size()>0)
        {
        SolrDocumentList results = queryResponse.getResults();
        for (int i = 0; i < results.size(); ++i) {
        SolrDocument document = results.get(i);
        System.out.println("The result is: " +results.get(i));
        System.out.println("The Document field names are: "
+document.getFieldNames());
        }
        }

*The data:*

{"index":{"_index":"shakespeare","_id":0}}
{"type":"act","line_id":1,"play_name":"Henry IV",
"speech_number":"","line_number":"","speaker":"","text_entry":"ACT I"}
{"index":{"_index":"shakespeare","_id":1}}
{"type":"scene","line_id":2,"play_name":"Henry
IV","speech_number":"","line_number":"","speaker":"","text_entry":"SCENE I.
London. The palace."}

*Deepak*


<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>



Deepak
"Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
+91 73500 12833
[hidden email]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/8/2018 10:23 AM, Deepak Goel wrote:
> > *I am trying to search for documents in my collection (Shakespeare). The
> > code is as follows:*
> >
> > SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("
> > http://localhost:8983/solr/shakespeare").build();
> >
> > SolrDocument doc = client.getById("2");
> > *However this does not return any document. What mistake am I making?*
>
> The getById method accesses the handler named "/get", normally defined
> with the RealTimeGetHandler class.  In recent Solr versions, the /get
> handler is defined implicitly and does not have to be configured, but in
> older versions (not sure which ones) you do need to have it in
> solrconfig.xml.
>
> I didn't expect your code to work because getById method returns a
> SolrDocumentList and you have SolrDocument, but apparently this actually
> does work.  I have tried code very similar to yours against the
> techproducts example in version 7.1, and it works perfectly.  I will
> share the exact code I tried and what results I got below.
>
> What code have you tried after the code you've shared?  How are you
> determining that no document is returned?  Are there any error messages
> logged by the client code or Solr?  If there are, can you share them?
>
> Do you have a document in the shakespeare index that has the value "2"
> in whatever field is the uniqueKey?  Does the schema have a uniqueKey
> defined?
>
> Can you find the entry in solr.log that logs the query and share that
> entire log entry?
>
> Code:
>
> public static void main(String[] args) throws SolrServerException,
> IOException
> {
>   String baseUrl = "http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts";
>   SolrClient client = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(baseUrl).build();
>   SolrDocument doc = client.getById("SP2514N");
>   System.out.println(doc.getFieldValue("name"));
> }
>
> Console log from that code:
>
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
> further details.
> Samsung SpinPoint P120 SP2514N - hard drive - 250 GB - ATA-133
>
>
> Including the collection/core name in the URL is an older way of writing
> SolrJ code.  It works well, but multiple collections can be accessed
> through one client object if you change it and your SolrJ version is new
> enough.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>
>