Nutch/Lucene Document Model

Chih How Bong
Hi all,
  I just get my hand dirty in nutch recently, especially in extending its
functionalities.
  I learned that nutch/lucene have their document retrieval model implmented
in TF vector-based approach. I wonder if there exist of other document model
like fuzzy set or probabilistic model implemented in nutch/lucene.
  The objective of proposing and having a number of document models
implemented is to enable us further improve the document ranking in nutch.
Please understand that I not questioning the current nutch document ranking
efficiency. I just like to see more options in nutch especially how document
being modelled and how well they are.
  It is worth while to move in this direction?  Please comment.

Bong Chih How