Quantcast

Partial word match

hanu_bhambi
Is it possible to match partial words using Lucene. we are using Standard Analyzer for tokenization.

RE: Partial word match

steve_rowe
Hi Hanu,

Depending on the nature of the partial word match you're looking for - do you want to only match partial words that match at the beginning of the word? - you should look either at NGramTokenFilter or EdgeNGramTokenFilter:

<http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/api/contrib-analyzers/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ngram/package-summary.html>

Steve

Is it possible to match partial words using Lucene. we are using Standard Analyzer for tokenization.