Phrase suggester - field limit and order

Phrase suggester - field limit and order

ruby
I'm using the BlendedInfixLookupFactory to get phrase suggestions. It returns
the entire field content. I've tried the others and they do the same.
<lst name="suggester">
  <str name="name">AnalyzingInfixSuggester</str>
  <str name="lookupImpl">BlendedInfixLookupFactory</str>
  <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
  <str name="field">title</str>
  <str name="weightField">price</str>
  <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">text_en</str>
</lst>

Is there a way to only return a fraction of the phrase containing the
matched phrase? Also is there a way to control in which order the
suggestions are returned?

Thanks

RE: Phrase suggester - field limit and order

lancasp22
Hi,

The weight field in combination with the BlenderType will determine the order, so yes you can control the order.

I don't think you can return only the matched phrase, but I would guess that highlighting would enable you to pick off the phrase that was matched in your client.

Cheers,
Peter.

I'm using the BlendedInfixLookupFactory to get phrase suggestions. It returns the entire field content. I've tried the others and they do the same.
<lst name="suggester">
  <str name="name">AnalyzingInfixSuggester</str>
  <str name="lookupImpl">BlendedInfixLookupFactory</str>
  <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
  <str name="field">title</str>
  <str name="weightField">price</str>
  <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">text_en</str>
</lst>

Is there a way to only return a fraction of the phrase containing the matched phrase? Also is there a way to control in which order the suggestions are returned?

Thanks

________________________________

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form part of a contract or unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of findmypast shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

RE: Phrase suggester - field limit and order

ruby
thanks for your reply.
I'm not seeing any documentation explaining exactly how the weightField is
used.

So, is it just a field which I define on each document and populate with
some number during index. And during search it will be used to sort the
suggestions?