Ping fails out of the box

Jack L
I just downloaded version 1.2 and set it up on my Windows PC.
Search works but Ping returns error 500:

-------------------------------
HTTP ERROR: 500
Internal Server Error
RequestURI=/solr/admin/ping
Powered by Jetty://
-------------------------------

Is there any minimum setting for Ping to work?

--
Best regards,
Jack

Re: Ping fails out of the box

Chris Hostetter-3

: I just downloaded version 1.2 and set it up on my Windows PC.
: Search works but Ping returns error 500:

: Is there any minimum setting for Ping to work?

the ping url triggers a query which can be configured in the
solrconfig.xml, it should work out of the box (even without indexing any
data) as long as you have a valid solrconfig.xml and schema.xml ... check
the log files, at minimum there will be a stack trace for that 500 error,
but prior to that should be some errors from startup letting you know
what's wrong.

-Hoss