Problem with wild card * and space in a query

Problem with wild card * and space in a query

Lucene-user-2512
Hi,
I am new to Lucene, let me know if this is not the correct forum for such queries and point me to the correct one.
Here is the problem which I am facing with the lucene query.
I need to search a pattern like - "*r*Random 1234"
My data includes "random Random 1234", "123random Random 1234"
If I search with above mentioned pattern "*r*Random 1234", I get an empty set and gives me results if I change the query to "*r* Random 1234"

Is there some issue with query where wild card * has leading space?

Let me know if it makes sense..

Thanks