Query For Top Values

OneWhoMikes
Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a solution to get the top values of a field from
the results of a query?  For example, If I have a field named "from"
is there a way to get the top occuring values in that field after I
filter the results based on a query?

Note:
Luke has a great tool that enumerates the top terms for a field, but
it does it for all documents.  I just want to enumerate the top terms
on a set of documents that match a query.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: Query For Top Values

Chris Hostetter-3

google the mailing list archives for "category counts" and "facet counts"
and i think you'll find several past discussions on this topic.

: Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:45:14 -0400
: From: Mike Richmond <[hidden email]>
: To: [hidden email]
: Subject: Query For Top Values
:
: Hello All,
:
: Can anyone recommend a solution to get the top values of a field from
: the results of a query?  For example, If I have a field named "from"
: is there a way to get the top occuring values in that field after I
: filter the results based on a query?
:
: Note:
: Luke has a great tool that enumerates the top terms for a field, but
: it does it for all documents.  I just want to enumerate the top terms
: on a set of documents that match a query.
:
:
: Thanks in advance,
:
: Mike
:
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
: