QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

aledrjones
Hi all

I've implemented a Nutch Bean into my web application (based on Appfuse).

I'm pretty sure I've got all the prerequisites I need but when I try to
build my application, some of my tests are now failing.

The errors seems to stem from:

Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter not found.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter
not found.

      at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilters.<init>(QueryFilters.jav
a:60)

      at org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.init(IndexSearcher.java:79)

      at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.j
ava:63)

      at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.init(NutchBean.java:140)

      at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:106)

      at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:84)

Some quick googling seems to suggest that this is due to it not being able
to find the plugins directory.  How does this work?

My webapp has the libraries in its class path (and pom), e.g. nutch-0.9.jar,
lucene-misc.jar etc

I've put a nutch-site.xml in my webapp/classes folder (pre-built) and
defined where my plugins directory is on my workstation.  Is this how I
should be doing it?  Essentially I'd like some guidance on how to
incorporate the plugins into my web application correctly.

Thanks in advance

Aled

Re: QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

Dennis Kubes-2
You would need the parent of the plugin directory along with the conf
directory in your classpath.

Dennis

Aled Rhys Jones wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I've implemented a Nutch Bean into my web application (based on Appfuse).
>
> I'm pretty sure I've got all the prerequisites I need but when I try to
> build my application, some of my tests are now failing.
>
> The errors seems to stem from:
>
> Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter not found.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter
> not found.
>
>       at
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilters.<init>(QueryFilters.jav
> a:60)
>
>       at org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.init(IndexSearcher.java:79)
>
>       at
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.j
> ava:63)
>
>       at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.init(NutchBean.java:140)
>
>       at
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:106)
>
>       at
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:84)
>

> Some quick googling seems to suggest that this is due to it not being able
> to find the plugins directory.  How does this work?
>
> My webapp has the libraries in its class path (and pom), e.g. nutch-0.9.jar,
> lucene-misc.jar etc
>
> I've put a nutch-site.xml in my webapp/classes folder (pre-built) and
> defined where my plugins directory is on my workstation.  Is this how I
> should be doing it?  Essentially I'd like some guidance on how to
> incorporate the plugins into my web application correctly.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Aled

RE: QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

aledrjones
Thanks Dennis

The parent of the plugin directory is the nutch directory isn't it?
(nutch-0.9 in my case).

Should I include these directories in my project?  How do I reference the
required folders in my web application using eclipse?  If they're not
physically located within my project folder, will the conf files work when I
build and deploy my web app in Tomcat?

Cheers
Aled

Thanks again
Aled

Aled Rhys Jones wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I've implemented a Nutch Bean into my web application (based on Appfuse).
>
> I'm pretty sure I've got all the prerequisites I need but when I try to
> build my application, some of my tests are now failing.
>
> The errors seems to stem from:
>
> Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter not found.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter
> not found.
>
>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilters.<init>(QueryFilters.jav
> a:60)
>
>       at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.init(IndexSearcher.java:79)

>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.j
> ava:63)
>
>       at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.init(NutchBean.java:140)
>
>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:106)

>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:84)

> Some quick googling seems to suggest that this is due to it not being able
> to find the plugins directory.  How does this work?
>
> My webapp has the libraries in its class path (and pom), e.g.
nutch-0.9.jar,

> lucene-misc.jar etc
>
> I've put a nutch-site.xml in my webapp/classes folder (pre-built) and
> defined where my plugins directory is on my workstation.  Is this how I
> should be doing it?  Essentially I'd like some guidance on how to
> incorporate the plugins into my web application correctly.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Aled

RE: QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

aledrjones
Does anyone else have any ideas to the below problem?
I'm getting the following error:
[travelbeen] WARN [main] PluginRepository.getPluginFolder(122) | Plugins:
direct
ory not found: plugins
I obviously need to have the plugins directory in my classpath, but I don't
know how to do it.  I've added
<classpathentry kind="src" path="nutch-0.9/plugins"/>
To my classpath after copying my nutch folder into my web application root
directory, but it still doesn't work.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
Aled

Aled Rhys Jones wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I've implemented a Nutch Bean into my web application (based on Appfuse).
>
> I'm pretty sure I've got all the prerequisites I need but when I try to
> build my application, some of my tests are now failing.
>
> The errors seems to stem from:
>
> Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter not found.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter
> not found.
>
>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilters.&amp;lt;init&amp;gt;(QueryFilters.jav
> a:60)
>
>       at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.init(IndexSearcher.java:79)

>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.&amp;lt;init&amp;gt;(IndexSearcher.j
> ava:63)
>
>       at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.init(NutchBean.java:140)
>
>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.&amp;lt;init&amp;gt;(NutchBean.java:106)

>       at

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.&amp;lt;init&amp;gt;(NutchBean.java:84)

> Some quick googling seems to suggest that this is due to it not being able
> to find the plugins directory.  How does this work?
>
> My webapp has the libraries in its class path (and pom), e.g.
nutch-0.9.jar,

> lucene-misc.jar etc
>
> I've put a nutch-site.xml in my webapp/classes folder (pre-built) and
> defined where my plugins directory is on my workstation.  Is this how I
> should be doing it?  Essentially I'd like some guidance on how to
> incorporate the plugins into my web application correctly.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Aled

RE: QueryFilter runtime exception - incorrect plugins setup?

aledrjones
I think I've sorted this issue now, moved the plugins directory to the root
of my web application and left the nutch-site.xml config as plugins.

I now get the following exception when spring tries to create my nutch bean:
        at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.<init>(BufferedReader.java:76)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.<init>(BufferedReader.java:91)
        at org.apache.nutch.analysis.CommonGrams.init(CommonGrams.java:152)
        at org.apache.nutch.analysis.CommonGrams.<init>(CommonGrams.java:52)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FieldQueryFilter.setConf(FieldQueryFilter.java:108
)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.url.URLQueryFilter.setConf(URLQueryFilter.java:34)
        at
org.apache.nutch.plugin.Extension.getExtensionInstance(Extension.java:162)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilters.<init>(QueryFilters.java:76)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.init(IndexSearcher.java:79)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:63)

Aled Rhys Jones wrote:
> Thanks Dennis
>
> The parent of the plugin directory is the nutch directory isn't it?
> (nutch-0.9 in my case).

Yes it is, but unless you are using the bin/nutch yourclass command the
classpaths won't get setup correctly.

> Should I include these directories in my project?  How do I reference the
> required folders in my web application using eclipse?  If they're not
> physically located within my project folder, will the conf files work when I
> build and deploy my web app in Tomcat?

Using eclipse what I do is build the project using ant (in eclipse),
then reference the build/nutch-1.0-dev/ folder and exclude everything
that isn't plugins.

Dennis

> Cheers
> Aled
>
> Thanks again
> Aled

If this is in a web application the best place to have the plugins
folder is in the WEB-INF/classes directory.

Dennis