Querying a specific replica in SolrCloud

Querying a specific replica in SolrCloud

Chris Ulicny
Hi,

We're trying to investigate a possible data issue between two replicas in
our cloud setup. We have docValues enabled for a string field, and when we
facet by it, the results come back with the expected numbers per value, or
zero for all values.

Is there a way to tell which replica is handling a request via debug or
some other parameter, or to specify which replica to route the request to?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Querying a specific replica in SolrCloud

Erick Erickson
You can route a request to a specific replica by
solr_node:port/solr/collection1_shard1_replica1/query?distrib=false&blah
blah blah

The "distrib=false" bit will cause the query to go to that replica and
only that replica. You can get the shard (collection1_shard1_replica1)
from the admin UI "cores" dropdown.

You can also try adding "&shards.info=true" to the standart request like:
solr_node:port/solr/collection/query?shards.info=true&blah blah blah

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Chris Ulicny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're trying to investigate a possible data issue between two replicas in
> our cloud setup. We have docValues enabled for a string field, and when we
> facet by it, the results come back with the expected numbers per value, or
> zero for all values.
>
> Is there a way to tell which replica is handling a request via debug or
> some other parameter, or to specify which replica to route the request to?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: Querying a specific replica in SolrCloud

Chris Ulicny
Thanks! I was trying the distrib=false option but was apparently using it
incorrectly for the cloud. The shard.info parameter was what I was
originally looking for.